No visitor will be discriminated against based on race, age (following guidelines), sex, sexual orientation or religion. Here are some basic guidelines for visitors to Cumberland Medical Center:
- Visitors must be properly attired (shirt, shoes, etc.).
- Children (under 12 year of age) should not be left unattended at any time.
- In the interest of your child’s health and our patients’ health, we recommend children under 12 years of age be limited in the visitation of patients and must be under adult supervision.
- No more than two (2) visitors should be permitted per patient at one time.
- When ordered by physician, or requested by patient/significant other, no visitors will be permitted.
- For patients in isolation, visitors must report to the nursing station before entering the room.
- Unless otherwise specified, visiting hours are from 9:00 A.M. until 9:00 P.M.
- Visitors causing a disturbance may be asked to leave the hospital by Security and/or Nursing staff.
Labor and Delivery
- Children / Siblings may visit at the discretion of the patient’s nurse.
- For children less than 10 years, a person or designated adult is to remain with the patient.
- Trays are provided at mealtime for the parent / adult staying with each child up to age 12 years.
Intensive Care Unit
Daytime Visiting Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(no more than two visitors per patient)
Overnight Visiting Hours: 9:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
(one visitor per patient)
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted.
- During the patient’s procedure, visitors are asked to remain in the Same Day Surgery Waiting Room, Howell Waiting Room, or the Main Lobby, unless otherwise instructed by the patient’s nurse or physician.
Same Day Surgery
- Visiting hours are 6:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., general visitation guidelines will apply.