Do You Have the Following Conditions?
- Slowly or non-healing wounds
- Foot or leg ulcers or wounds
- Surgical wounds that have opened
- Non-healing skin grafts or surgical flaps
- Internal injuries or open wounds from radiation therapy
- Bone infection (called osteomyelitis)
- Acute, traumatic, and crush injuries
We Can Help You Heal
The Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Center at Cumberland Medical Center uses comprehensive, aggressive treatment to accelerate the healing of wounds. We collaborate with you and your physician to individualize your treatment plan so you heal quickly and have long-lasting results.
Medicare, Medicaid, and most other insurance plans cover wound treatments, including:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Specialized wound dressings
- Off-loading (taking pressure off the wound)
- Sharp debridement (removal of dead tissue)
- Compression therapy
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Therapy is a treatment in which the patient breathes 100% pure oxygen while inside a pressurized chamber. The increased air pressure inside the chamber helps your blood carry more oxygen to organs and connective tissues to promote wound healing.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is provided once daily for approximately four to six weeks. One treatment takes about two hours and is quite comfortable for most patients.
You’re a Vital Part of the Program
Much of the success of your treatment depends on you. You must keep your appointments, follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely between visits. At any time you or your family members have questions, our staff is available.
We are a proud member of Covenant Health, our region’s top performing healthcare network.