Cumberland Medical Center ‘s cardiac and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation programs are certified by the American Association for Cardiovascular Pulmonary Rehabilitation. They provide the latest in quality exercise training, education, and counseling for those diagnosed with and/or recovering from heart or lung conditions.
Rehab includes three one-hour sessions per week for 12 weeks where you will have your blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen level, and EKG monitored by a physician and a team of nurses. In this program, our compassionate staff will develop a treatment plan just for you to help you achieve your health goals and an active, healthy, and happy lifestyle!
What Can I Expect in My Session?
- A physician will always be present to monitor you and answer any questions.
- A nurse team will guide you through exercise while monitoring your vital signs.
- An exercise plan developed just for you based on your current health level.
- Short and convenient education classes for you, and your family, to learn about a variety of health topics related to your heart or lung condition.
- A safe and welcoming environment where you can interact with others who have experienced similar issues.
- Compassionate and caring staff that will treat you like family and make your rehab experience fun and enjoyable!
Do I Need Cardiopulmonary Rehab?
The following conditions qualify for cardiopulmonary rehab, so talk to your doctor today about joining the Cardiopulmonary Rehab program:
- Heart attack (within the last 12 months)
- Stent placement (within the last 12 months)
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG, within the last 12 months)
- Heart valve repair or replacement (within the last 12 months)
- Heart transplant
- Stable angina (chest pain)
- Chronic Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Asthma
- Chronic Bronchitis
To learn more about Cardiopulmonary Rehab, or if you are a physician wishing to refer to this facility, please contact us at (931) 459-7379 or fax referrals to (931) 707-9912.
Founded in 1993, CMC’s Cardiopulmonary Rehab programs have been awarded program certification by the American Association for Cardiovascular Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs (AACVPR). This certification highlights the programs that are leaders of rehabilitative care as they are subject to rigorous review by a national board that outlines the standards of care in cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
“Quality Respiratory Care Recognition” Means First Rate Respiratory Care
As a respiratory patient you know you deserve the very best in respiratory care services. The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) is here to help. Cumberland has earned the Association’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) designation meet strict safety and quality standards related to the provision of respiratory care services by qualified respiratory therapists. As a hospital:
- All of our respiratory therapists are licensed with the state.
- Our respiratory therapists are available 24 hours.
- We are qualified to perform respiratory procedures.
- Our program has a medical director.