- Before any financial assistance is granted, you must have already exhausted all other sources of payment including insurance, public assistance, litigation, or third-party liability.
- Family income, in relation to federal poverty guidelines
- Assets (e.g. home, bank account, and stocks)
- Any additional financial hardship
- You must be receiving non-elective, medically necessary care, and you must live within the service area of Cumberland Medical Center.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
- Call financial counseling services at (931) 459-7281. A financial counselor
will advise you and investigate other sources that might provide
- Complete a financial assistance application and submit it along with the
- Complete copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax Return and all
schedules. Include copies of last year's W-2 forms.
- Copies of the three most recent, paycheck stubs or a statement from the
- Copies of three most recent bank statements (e.g., savings, checking,
money market, IRA, 401K, etc.)
- Copies of unemployment, disability compensation benefits statements
- Copies of social security or pension benefits income
- Copy of food stamp allocation
- Copies of government assistance notices (including Department of Health &
- Copy of TennCare denial letter
Note: If you do not have all of these documents contact one of our financial counselors. All correspondence to the financial counselors should be marked 'Attention Financial Counseling.
How to Obtain a Financial Assistance Application
There are several ways by which you can obtain an application for financial assistance.
- Print the application off our Web site.
The financial assistance application has been converted to Portable Document Format (PDF). To view the PDF file, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Reader cick the icon below and download a free copy.
Click Here to Download Adobe Reader
Click Here to Download the Financial Assistance Application
- Pick-up an application at any of the following locations:
Patient Access Outpatient Imaging Center
Patient Access First Floor CMC
Patient Access at CMC Fairfield Glade
Business Office Third Floor CMC facing Hwy 70
- Contact us by calling (931) 459-7281 to request an application.
How the Decision is Made
All applications will be reviewed once a month. After you have submitted your financial assistance form and required documentation, a review committee will base the decision upon the general criteria categories mentioned above and current poverty guidelines.
You will receive written notice of approval or denial of your request for financial assistance within approximately 30 days from the time we receive your completed application and supportive documentation. If you are denied, it means that you did not meet the criteria by which to qualify for financial assistance and you are responsible for payment of the care you received. If you wish to appeal, you may submit a revised application with new and verifiable information to the director of revenue management. If you have not heard from us in 30 days after returning your application, or you need help in understanding it, please call patient financial services.
Cumberland Medical Center will not discriminate in the determination of financial assistance eligibility on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, age, sex or disability.
Contact Phone Number: (931) 459-7281